Friday, June 15, 2012

Dear Readers


I'm back and I'm very sorry about my absence, but this time I'm excused. I've been travelling to Sweden (which the followers on Facebook probably already know) to pick up some very interesting and very good leathers from a Tannery in Sweden called Tärnsjö. In my opinion they make some of the best vegetable tanned leathers in the world and I'm very pleased to be able to offer some products made of their leathers soon.

I'll also be doing a "factory visit" about Tärnsjö in the near future, however I had to take the pictures myself, and I'm afraid, that they didn't turn out as good, as they could have, had I brought a photographer. It was hard taking pictures, while I also had to talk with the people there, inspect their leathers and at the same time pick out the best leathers. My first priority was to pick the right leathers and soon I'll be offering belts of a really good quality and I hope, that it's something, that you would be interested in.

Anyways, I've got to get settled in and shortly more posts will follow. I should probably also add, that I've recently turned After the Denim into a real company, so I hope to formalise a lot of things and add a webshop with my own products and products by other makers, brands and designers in the time to come. This means, that there's a lot of work to be done, and I'm the only employee at the moment. But I promise, that this place is always a top priority, so don't despair.

Again, I would like to thank all of you, who keep coming back. You really make this worthwhile. And if there's anything, that you would like me to blog about, feel free to e-mail me or write a suggestion in the commentary. I'll do my best to follow up on them all.

4 comments:

  1. Looks a great trip Simon, can't wait to see about the 'factory visit'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, it really was a great trip. The tannery, the leather, the people there, Sweden in general, yeah, everything was just great.

    I'm already working on the post, but most importantly I'm looking for someone to edit the pictures.

    Have a great day, and as always thanks for chipping in - I really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Simon,

    I always find that an age old tradition like that is amazing to witness. There are few tanneries left here in the UK I'm afraid, which is a real shame!

    I wish I had some skills in that area, as I'd gladly offer to help if I did have.

    Thanks, have a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was indeed great seeing the steps involved from turning a hide into a piece of leather. It makes you appreciate it more.

    There are some really good tanneries in the UK however, so don't despair. I used to use belt leathers from Baker's and Sedgewicks, and they are the best, when it comes to bridle leathers.


    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete